IT’S OKAY TO NOT BE OKAY…

Have you ever been in a state where you feel exhausted even when you have not exerted yourself physically?


Well, I bet we all have been there many times in our lives. Those days when you wake up fatigued even after sleeping many hours through the night. 

There are several reasons why you could feel this way, but studies have shown that in very many cases, this feeling is as a result of mental exhaustion.

Mental exhaustion could be as a result of over-working your mind on a particular issue thus exhausting all the options your mind can fathom. It could even result from the seeming impossibilities of bringing the many thoughts in your mind to reality.

During my hiatus from writing, I met quite a number of people that were in this category and I got the opportunity to converse with them.

A summary of our conversation often went in this line;

Me: "Hey what's up, how are you?

Them: Hmmm, i'm tired.

Me: Awwn sorry, get some rest.

Them: Mtshwww, even after resting I'll still wake up tired."

What struck me as surprising was the consistency in their responses-TIRED. Mind you, many of these people aren’t financially struggling. Although a few of them were not so well-off and I could understand the frustration in that regard.

However, I couldn’t understand how so many people who could afford most things we strive for, could get mentally exhausted. It was not until they began to let me in that I realized that mental exhaustion doesn’t always have to do with your inability to make ends meet.

Mental exhaustion has a lot to do with the state of your mind, which is why even after doing nothing physically you could still be tired.

Well, incisively speaking, you didn’t do anything physically but your mind did everything mentally. It bought a duplex or maybe a bungalow, it bought a Lamborghini or maybe a Volkswagen. Yes, your mind even went on a vacation to Maldives or maybe Maroko (just saying).

During my conversations, some common symptoms of mental exhaustion that resonated with them included: Lack of motivation, physical fatigue and feelings of hopelessness. 

Others were; difficulty concentrating, irrational anger, increased cynicism or pessimism and insomnia.

As I earlier said, most of the people I met are well to do. They’ll often say to me (not to brag): 

“Money is not the problem, I have a house (s), car(s), and I can afford a vacation, but..."

In my head I'm like 'you have a house, car(s), can afford a vacation, what on this earth do you possibly want?'

Well could it be that these people weren't contented? or were they just being human? 

Stay tuned for my next article if you want to find out. 

N.B: Anyone at all can face mental exhaustion so please do not think it is limited to a particular age, gender or social class.

In the meantime, have you had an experience like this? Please feel free to share how you overcame, if you overcame or if you’re still struggling to overcome. 

I’ll be in the comment section and my email is open if you want to share more.

It would be very lovely to hear from your experience.

I’ll see you soon XoXo

Fulaneey Pero

 

IMG SOURCE: tamarakulish.com 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HOW DO YOU EMBRACE LIFE'S UPS AND DOWNS?

YOU ARE GOING TO BE OKAY…

MY AFRICANA WOMAN (HAPPY WOMEN'S DAY)