STEP.. HOP .. JUMP ...

 life is in stages...  you take a step, 
  
                                             

you hop next




                                                                   

                                                                      and  you jump... ...

"for it is in retracing your steps you right your wrongs and in righting you wrongs you hop onto your purpose and in your purpose you find your self". THEREFORE don't be scared to take those giant strides in life.




YOU ARE NOT YOUR MISTAKES

The first time I made one, my world felt like it had ended

The air I breathe suddenly felt contaminated,

The life I had, became thin like the line on a life support machine,

The eyes I see with my eyes became my shame,

I didn't keep up to their expectations of me, I hid and

Found a place in me I had never been "Regret, Self-pity, and Shame"

They became the me that used to walk with a head up,so high,

They became the me that had so much confidence like the king of the Jungle,

They became the me that used to be the hope of the people.

They overshadowed the me that used to be the happiness of many, (sighs)

My mistakes!!! 
                            ( bows head down )

You were once my weakness

You were once the reason I lost trust in me

You were once the reason I couldn't believe in breathing

But now you are my strength, you stayed longer than I expected

And it seems as though you are a part of my story

You are a path with great light to my destiny

You are the memory that motivates the rest of me

You give me strength for brighter days

You make me a story teller I never was

You brought out the real me, a warrior with a spirit that never gives up

Thank you for my experiences, they make me stronger.


NOTE
Mistakes can be likened to life threatening diseases, it creates emotions that slowly eat the better part of you and gradually it empties you and leaves you feeling depressed and anxious.

There are ways to handle mistakes: as a message, a lesson or a lasting blow. Like they say if life gives you lemons make lemonades but I say make lemonade cocktails not just lemonades, because with cocktails you can create your Taste to your Taste. 

Life is a ball and the ball has always been in our pitch and the pitch is the world. So what have you done with this ball (LIFE) in your pitch (WORLD). A lot of us probably haven't even taken a shot. 

Imagine being a footballer in a football pitch, playing a match, did you once try aiming at the goal post, kicking your ball so hard that it escapes the heads and legs of the defenders and straight into the net reaching your target, your goal? Have you tried it even after 88 minutes in the football pitch?

The excitement that comes with it can only be explained by those who have been on the field, in the match and tackling the ball. At that point with the halogen lamps on and over a thousand eyes waiting to see what you do with the ball in your possession, People cheering and others booing; the choice is always yours to make. 

But after the game is over and the lights that shun brightly is turned off, the cheering is gone, the booing too, your co-players also gone after a game of victory or defeat and you're all by yourself, alone with the memory of a match and a decision; to do better or quit or to remain the same, what do you do?

The ball still remains in your pitch but this time it's in the pitch of your mind, it's either you kick the ball or watch it stay still, but hey! Whatever you do comes with a price. 

Don't forget the creator never promised you rain without water, neither sun without light, nor night without day.

Days with scaring mistakes will come but with just a step you will be finding your grounds of trust, amidst your fears hop and you will be closer to making your faith a reality and then you can make a jump and your worries will be in your past.

Someone once said he who has never made a mistake has not lived so brace up and continue from where you were, you can choose to stop but Life? it. just .never .stops. even after a big blow. 

Cheer up, pick up the challenge, be assured that your days of brighter smiles are still ahead of you and remember you will need one greater (God) than you to survive it all. I'll see you soon xoxo....


  To those who have always felt their life had to be some sort of Perfect,
  You are not your mistakes, 
  You are not your past,
  You are your best version,

  You are the FUTURE...

 Fulaneey Pero

Comments

  1. Felt like a story from deep within as well...never give in to the unseemly disease gradually eating you up. Thank u dear

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not my mistakes , thanks for the reminder. I should tell myself this every morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're welcome dear and thank you too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I refuse to live on my mistakes. I'm not my mistake. Thanks Pero. You're an inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're welcome Alex. i am glad this inspired you

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HOW DO YOU EMBRACE LIFE'S UPS AND DOWNS?

YOU ARE GOING TO BE OKAY…

MY AFRICANA WOMAN (HAPPY WOMEN'S DAY)