ORDEAL OF A BLIND HEART


THE ORDEAL OF A BLIND HEART
(ACT OF THANKFULNESS)

This life is beautiful although I don't see the beauty, is it a color or a thing? I hear people say it, I'm not doubting what I hear but all I'm saying is I can’t see what they say. Every day I'm alive I wear a smile on my face and head straight to my normal routine, prayer first, water second, brushing, bathing, dressing up and ou...... it's a wrap, the day comes to an end and I'm yet to see the beauty.

Although I haven't seen with my eyes what I want to see neither have I heard with my ears what I want to hear but I can feel my breath as it escapes my nostrils so I say thank-you I'm alive to hope again.

It's another morning and I hear the cock crow, the sound of morning calls and the disturbed atmosphere begins to find a balance. I stretch and turn, toss and face in my pillow as I don't know what to expect in the day. Still I lay in my bed with my eyes shut but this time tighter than when I shut them to sleep, arghhh the irritating feeling of getting up when my sleep is just beginning to make some sense so I still ignore standing up.. tin.. tin.. tin. Tin Tin.., the alarm! That just spoilt my sleep and I'm up doing my usual daily routine.

Today I'm out with a pair of spectrum glasses covering my eyes but clear enough to see what color beauty truly is, some say it's white others say it's black I hear them say it's a blend of colors but I will find out for myself what color it is so I keep my focus, head straight for the days goal and hope to see what color beauty truly is.

NOTE
The lack of appreciation in a man’s life causes his eyes to be just an object on his face instead of the window of the heart, it creates a heart of stone instead of flesh. Some people don’t see beauty in anything, society calls them the myopic thinkers, shallow minds, pessimists etc. because nothing ever pleases them.

Thanksgiving is simply an act of appreciation, appreciating the uniqueness of everything and everyone. David in the bible understood what it meant to be thankful, he was only a little shepherd boy who grew from nothing to being a king. David’s life was not perfect but it didn’t stop him from giving glory to his maker, he thanked God in his acts, he thanked God in his deeds  and even thanked God in his dark moments .

I remember the plans and dreams I had as a teenager and how exciting it felt thinking of how life would turn out in the future; life then wasn’t sour, the hassle and tassel wasn’t intense either, but as I grew into my youthful age I began to see life in a totally different perspective, life became rigid and my dreams got blurry, I didn’t know how it arrived at that but I knew I didn’t want it to remain same. I had to do a review of my life and discovered along the line that I was less thankful and appreciative of life, I always wanted the bigger things of life ignoring the scriptural teachings of not despising your days of little beginning Zechariah 4:10. 

In my personal review I learnt the secret to getting more and being happy is learning to be thankful and appreciative in the little, so I made sure in everything I do or say, gain or lose I return all thanks to the Almighty. This simple act has helped a great deal in moving me from where I used to be to where I am now in life, which is being undoubtedly happy.  

If you ever struggle with depression, anxiety or fear try being more thankful and appreciative  of life, ignore the circumstances (it might be hard at first but never stop trying) that surrounds you and focus on being completely grateful.

Know that every minute spent alive is a reason to be thankful for.

For every troubled heart;
I pray for peace in every heart in doubts.
I pray for Love in every heart that aches.
I pray for clarity in every heart in a mess.

Fulaneey Pero




Comments

  1. Gratitude in little things paves way for greater things to happen in our lives. Insightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I pray we learn to be grateful in and out of seasons

      Delete
  2. Gratitude in little things paves way for greater things to happen in our lives. Insightful. Thank you aunty B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Captain A, may we never have reasons to be less thankful

      Delete
  3. There is no possibility of true gratitude without true Faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rightly said, no true Gratitude without True Faith

      Delete
  4. nice write up. thankfulness is the way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and may we always have every reason to remain thankful

      Delete
  5. Thank you all for your comments, and also taking out time to read. Hope to see you here more often.

    Ps: feel free to offer you opinion on my writing style thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HOW DO YOU EMBRACE LIFE'S UPS AND DOWNS?

YOU ARE GOING TO BE OKAY…

MY AFRICANA WOMAN (HAPPY WOMEN'S DAY)