STOP EXISTING AND START LIVING







STOP EXISTING AND START LIVING..

At the back of his home under the big old tree with branches and bright green leaves growing from its twig creating a shade like an umbrella sat the veteran, with the cool breeze, peaceful scent of the air and falling dry brown leaves arranged like cards on the floor, his chair placed strategically where he could watch the ships sailing afar off, he brought out a shiny metallic blue box, opened it, took out a stick from the arranged cigar, lit it with a lighter, then closed his shiny blue box and gently he placed the brown stick in between his lips, with his head placed backward on the wooden chair, his sharp blues eyes closed and his silverish grey hair swaying with the wind he dragged in his breath inhaling the cigar and puffed out his thoughts.. ....

I like to be free, I don't know what that is, I question my thoughts and analyze my intentions.
Quietly whispered the old veteran

My life has not been the picture of life it has been life itself,
I want to be free but I don't know how that feels the veteran said again, this bondage makes me older than my mental capacity, I haven't been able to know the origin of this mental slavery.

 I want to be free, and I don't know how; They say "free like a bird" and I don't know if being free means I have to fly, but then I need wings, wings so I can fly, wings so I can reach to greater heights, wings so I can experience peace, wings so I can see life in new dimensions.

 I want to be free so I can whisper and my quiet words will be a resonance I want to be free, free from people free from their thoughts, free from their words and free from me. Me is eating me, I want to be free, free from my mind and free from the eyes of the world, their standards is tearing me.

I can't tell it all, I can't see it all.. please leave me let me be free let me experience it, let me dance to it, and sing with it..I want to know it, I want to try it, I want to be it, I'm breaking out of me. I've lived so long in a house of me and a compound of you, I'm sick of your dictations let me be, don't tell me what to do, don't tell me how to do, don't tell me where to do, sshhhh enough don't tell me. 

I said I want to be free... Free like the air and not the bird let me feel the peace I seek most, let me know the peace of silence in a market square and experience what's it like to be heard without speaking.

I've been practicing freedom but not living it, I've lived my life for you, it's enough please allow me live my Life for me, it's enough at least let me experience my happiness let me find my freedom, let me please.. this mental slavery is killing me...

NOTE:
The world we live in is cruel and dark and at same time loving and full of hopes.. On one of my trips I met a certain man not old but in his early forties (40's) who talked life with me in less than five (5) minutes, in this short time he made me see life in a whole different way, he opened my eyes to experience his experience and in his words “you’re still so young, don’t let this phase go by without you making a meaning from it, ignore the rants in this world cause if I had known to filter the world and its people at your age I wouldn’t be where I am now”.  

I took his words and pain and I made them mine and I realized mental slavery is a slow killer of man.

In one way or the other we all have faced it, we have experienced it, we were enslaved by our minds, in our relationships, in our jobs, or by people around us. The world creates a make believe, we live in the illusion of our minds and delusion of the world. 

We are pushed to do things out of our wish and will, pushed verbally, psychologically or even physically but really truly there's a world out there we need to experience, we need to see, we need to know and we need to be a part of, don't let Life rob you of Life..

Go out and experience the world the life you have is one and it is limited so live the life or the life leaves you. 

Have fun discovering and unveiling, but remember there's a final home so always be prepared, live life with eternity in view.

God loves you and I'll see you soon xoxo..
  
Fulaneey Pero


Comments

  1. Another power write-up from the Queen herself.
    Thumbs up..
    You are a nice job i must confess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Much Much dear, hope to see you here more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HOW DO YOU EMBRACE LIFE'S UPS AND DOWNS?

YOU ARE GOING TO BE OKAY…

MY AFRICANA WOMAN (HAPPY WOMEN'S DAY)