STRENGTHS OF A MAN




Dear man,

Your strength is not in the muscles around your arms and thighs neither is it in your ability to lift a thousand reps of dumbbells.

Your strength is not in the lifting of your chest against your opponent neither is it in the head boot you give in a fight.

Your strength is not in your stature; huge or little neither is it in the ability to use your fist in defense.

But;

Your strength lies in the right decisions you take even when the odds are against you

Your strength lies in your passion to succeed amidst every obstacle

Your strength lies in the sincerity of your silence because it is golden

NOTE

I met Michael some few days ago, and unlike me, I was interested in knowing more about this guy.

He is not one I will describe as a person with disability, though the world will label him disabled, neither is he someone I will describe as less privileged as oppose many of us out there who had the privileges of a middle class family.

But he is one with a strength that cannot be fathomed.

In my chit-chat with Michael I asked him a few questions of which he was glad to share.

So we played a little Q&A. Read below

Fulaneey: Tell me about yourself Michael

Michael: I'm Showunmi Michael Thompson and I am physically challenged. I'm a graduate of Chemical Engineering with a C.G.P.A of 4.21 from Lautech... I am a mathematics/Further Mathematics teacher and can teach all science subjects as well.

Fulaneey: knowing your condition you must have a lot that motivates you

Michael: yea I do, my mother is the first of all, and impacting knowledge comes after; I love to impact knowledge into lives, hence my passion for teaching. I carry my student along with ease and no student I ever taught failed in an examination and that is enough motivation for me.

Fulaneey: quite interesting that an ace graduate of chemical Engineering is a Teacher!! Have you always loved teaching or is it because of the lack of jobs or?

Michael: As I earlier said, I'm a graduate of Chemical Engineering but nature took its course on me when I was posted to a secondary school in Lagos for my NYSC and that's where the story changed.
I discovered the passion I have for impacting knowledge into students and I enjoy the way I explain topics in class with ease. So I had to follow my passion which is to impact lives.

Fulaneey: great!! In the end your passion is your happiness right.. You mentioned your mother being your greatest motivation, tell us a bit about her

Michael: haaa, you know mothers now, despite my condition my mom didn’t ignore the adage “spare the rod and spoil the child”. She makes me do the house chores like every other normal kid and my failure to do so means I’m grounded that day.

My mother is a hardworking disciplinarian and I say that because my mother grinds pepper and With the little proceeds she made, she sent me to school. It wasn’t easy because there were days she’d have to…

I hope Michael inspires us all because he has proved that no Limitation is a Limitation except that Limitation is of the mind.

Please stay glued as Michaels’ interesting story will continue in my next article, he shared his bad moments with me, the day he almost lost his life in a canal, how his mom struggled to make sure he went to school and more…



Fulaneey Pero




  

Comments

  1. Great read, waiting on the next article

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Phemmy will work towards that and will be great also having you here reading again

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

HOW DO YOU EMBRACE LIFE'S UPS AND DOWNS?

YOU ARE GOING TO BE OKAY…

MY AFRICANA WOMAN (HAPPY WOMEN'S DAY)